dignosed with PR and scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

i was dignosed with PR last week, sad, i have been feeling ill, cold, v fatigued, nauseous for a few weeks now

then this patch appears right under my chin, right where our double chins reside

it grew and is now huge, i itch all the time its sore and burns

i now have lots patches, 1 being the herald under my chin, with another herald patch on my neck, i have smaller patches round my neck and behind my ears

i've only had this for about 2weeks

i find myself waking in the night in pain where i am scrtaching frantically at the patches

luckily my dr said it is quite severe and the herald patch has grown right to my jaw line

he gave me hydrocortisone

which sort of helps a bit

i'm so scared its gonna spread up my chin and onto my face or worse everywhere

every1 i see asks 'omg what have you done', some1 had even thought i'd been assaulted sad

whoever said this is mild and common doesnt live in the real world.

it takes over, everything

all day long its sore, severly itches, people look at you

and yes you do feel like a freak

reading up on PR and seeing that it can last for months doesnt make me feel any better, as i'm sure all of us dont

however, the fact that i now know what it is, there is a forum on it and yes...there are other peeps out there does make me feel hopeful

i will try and keep you all posted

just writing this has made me feel a little better

although its also stopping me itching, i can feel the burn as i type

i do think they burn more when they are growing,

let me know what you think

and again i have to agree that there could be a link to stress

i have had a few stressful months

anyway...

enuff from me

and lets all try our best....

not to scratch those damn patches

wink

J

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Be assured it will go away!! I am now coming to the end of my 3rd month and almost all of my patches have dissappeared. The ones still visable are the ones which were the worst during my acute phase (underneath my left arm and just above my wrist on my right arm) You can still see them but they are very pale now and I am hoping they will eventually go. I had PR pretty bad and was convinced this would be me for the rest of my life!! But it's almost gone and so has my sore throat and other symptoms. I know this is easy to say but try not to stress about it I am certain mine was made worse by stress
  • Posted

Hi , I also being diagnosed on 2nd Feb that I got PR .. :cry:

Suffering it loads , itchy whole night for the past few weeks. Emotionally affected.

However , I also believe stress will make the condition turn worse .. so try to cheer up ! :D

• Posted

hello,

i just been diagnosed on monday n i though i was the only here to have it as i never heard of PR but than stumble on this site. i tho it might have been chicken pox as i never actually catch it before and im 21.

What im worried is that im a tan colour and the rashes are dark brown. the skin is peelin off but its sort of leavin brownish n white marks on my skin.

I've tried everyfing for the rashes (calamine lotion, cream prescribed by doctors,cold showers, sleepin with no bedspread) non of it has worked and i only have been having a few hours of sleep. i keep on scratchin that i have started scratchin my skin with my nails n im worried that it wont go.

im becoming more and more drained with physical tiredness and im becoming very moody and angry.

• Posted

:oops: : don't worry. it never reaches the face. I have had it twice now-

with a forty year gap in between!!!It is caused by a virus initially. but can flare up with stress---Good luck.

• Posted

I totally feel how you are I am the same way feel so tied and sick itchy and there is certainly a warm tingle before the patchs break out. Mine have not gone on my face yet thankfully high neck and ears feet back stomach chest legs arms and starting tonight on my left hand...... I have had mine since beginning Dec and still coming out thick and fast my first patch is only just beginning to fade JUST!

Chin up and well I find it so much better not being the only one! no one I know has ever seen or heard of PR ......

• Posted

Hi, I know how you feeling. I was diagnosed a week ago and was signed off for a week to rest. A week on and i'm back to work and the rash is even worse!! Don't feel so crap though so at least you will feel a bit better soon. As for the rash...i've got steroid cream (1st application 10 mins ago!) and gonna try sunbeds tomorrow.

I have party on sat night and don't know if i'll be able to go looking like this! sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.