Dihydrocodeine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking dihydracodiene for about 18 years because of a neck injury playing rugby. Side effects include constipation , a high feeling, very relaxed. The other thing is severe itching around the groin. It's ok until I scratch and then I scratch so hard it almost hurts. Does anyone else get the itching because nobody seems to mention it in other sights I have looked at.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Itch you say ? I have almost gone nuts (pardon the pun) scratching: arms, hands, legs, bum, back. I take a lot of fish oil too to stop my skin drying out !

Have finally found relief by removing all body hair (no I am not a sick pervert) just itch free for another few months as high dosages of DHC does something to the hair follicles, :idea:

I munch lots of high fibre fruit and avoid high fat foods as they add to the constipation and drink approx 4 pints of water and 30ml of lactulose solution daily too :idea:

I dont get high or relaxed at all, just feel the same pain less 20% and dont seem to care so much that I have the pain !

Wish ya luck :wink:

• Posted

I have been taking DHC for 6 months. I agree that itching is severe, as is erractic sleep pattern. I recently took 8 tabs over 10 hours due to severe back pain. I ended up in A&E difficulty breathing and disorrientated. Over the 6 month period I have poor appetite,constantly feeling sick and have lost half a stone in weight. I have lost faith in this medication and am seeking alternative. :cry:
  • Posted

Hello all, I've been taking Dihydrocodeine tablets, among others, daily and I only get Pain relief, nothing else. I must be the 'odd' man out!

Take care.

• Posted

[quote:f889e785dd=\"Stobban\"]Hello all, I've been taking Dihydrocodeine tablets, among others, daily and I only get Pain relief, nothing else. I must be the 'odd' man out!

Take care.[/quote:f889e785dd]

Same here :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.