Dilantin

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone tried Dilantin for their pain?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, Dilantin didn't do much good for me. Tegretol made me very depressed and suicidal within a week. I've tried many, many different drugs and nothing really help except Trileptal, which helps for a while then stopped working. I'm currently on Neurotin for past five months with Oxymorphone for breakthrough pain. Honestly, nothing has work good enough where I am comfortable. I live with 24/7 pain level of 6 to 8 daily even with these drugs, including narcotics. I would love to hear what help Atypical TNer's. I'm currently trying meditation (only for 2 days now) because I heard it can help calming your mind and your nerves.

Wishing and praying for every one to be pain free today and every day.

Nina

• Posted

I am on trileptal and it has done nothing for me.  Going to to try Dilantin now. I hope it works. Thanks for response
  • Posted

Have you tried Lyrica?  I combine Lyrica and Trileptal.  So far this seems to be working and when I have breakthrough I increase the dose.  I haven't tried Dilantin.

• Posted

I just came off of the worst five days of my life...terrible flare up....and I've changed my drug cocktail up.  It seems to be working well (so far)!  I'm on my Tegretol, which I've been taking for a long time now, and I started Baclofen (an anti-spasm), and Gapapentin (an anti-convulsant).  So far, so good!  When the pain starts, nothing stops it.  These seem to be preventing the pain from starting.  I hope you find something!

• Posted

No sorry our daughter is on Carmazeipine with Tramadol and naproxen.

We have a neurologist appointment very soon so hoping that they will check out all the mess she is on.

Good luck all the best to you Paul 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.