Dilating - Does it help to suppress LS?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Personally I have a positive experience with this.  But at the same time more questions.

I wonder how many of you 'practice' dilation' to keep the vulva and vagina open.  Do you experience improvement?  Does it perhaps help to keep fusing at bay?  What about the narrowing of the vagina - is that part of LS's process?  

1 like, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

• Posted

hi no i havent but am thinking of trying it but the entrence is sore at times
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Go at it gently, is my experience.  I use a fluid form of coconut oil on the dilator, and before dilating I cover the whole area with coconut oil as well.  Not every day the same result either, I go back and forth, then smaller, then bigger size of dilator.  But I do see the need to keep at it - as was said, to keep the layers separate, the bladder in a better position, which then helps the passing of urine as well.  As long as we don't force it. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I stopped after a month or two. In the process I discovered I've got a growing cluster of hard yellowish bumps inside and a ring of it around my vagina. Stretching just hurts.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Hanny,  I am having trouble understanding what a dialator is. Where do you

get it and how do you use it?  My vag oening is quite small now and I am getting

worried.  The itching stopped almost a year ago - about the time i had my thyroid

removed, so I actually don't have any discomfort anymore but the physical

changes are really an emotional and mental problem now.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Dilators can be purchased via Amazon.  They come in a set of various sizes.  The smallest size I started with however was a crayon wrapped in a condom.  After a while there was enough room to insert a slim candle, then a thicker one again and eventually I used the dilator set's smallest size.  Important is the lubrication.  I use fluid coconut oil to cover the dilator with.  A gentle approach is important.  
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello again Hanny, I just went on the internet to find out about the dilators and

how to use them and about the success rate.  I did order a set and expect

it will arrive in about 5 or 6 days. I have great hope now.  I have had LS for

about 32 years.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

yes amazon is available in australia does anyone have any info on premarin with progestrone
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up