Dilema I need your input

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am starting to need to go back to see the RA. I don't want to. The medicines aren't working and all he does is uppers themedicines. He doesn't change them. Lyrica(horrible, I literally have to talk my self into taking it.)Cymbalta(not sure if it does anything)Tramadol(doesnt do anything) Ambien helps.I do a lot of mind over matter and talking to God, but sometimes I get so sore and in pain I cry or yell from the frustration of pain. I need new medicines, what do you think? Any ideas?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Can't offer any real advice except try a new Dr and look into other meds, I've heard Wellbutrin can be helpful, what about neurotonin or tegretol or lidocaine patches.

It sucks but it's pretty apparent that there is no decent way to control pain in some people. It sucks more that we have to trade off feeling normal and with it to mask the pain even a tiniest bit too.

I'm sorry your having to deal with this. Have u tried an inflammatory diet? I haven't found anything to really help me, just seems to be no rhyme or reason for the pain or where it's located on which day.

• Posted

Thanks for the ideas. It can become so FRUSTRATING. I am sorry that you aren't having any luck with the sense of your pain.
  • Posted

You could ask him about pregabalin  it was 1 of the 1st drugs my gp tried me on. It didnt suit me but we are all different to what suits us and what doesnt. Their are also pain patches, morphine in liquid form.Im in the uk Im unsure of what other countrys offer. warm baths or showers wheat bags hotwater bottle.take care 
    • Posted

I am hoping gp will try something new Monday . The same stuff over and over isn't working for this gal.
    • Posted

Lets hope she can give you something new to try and is more helpful and supportive than the last one. I would write down things that you need to discuss with her.All the best for monday hope it goes well for you.smile
  • Posted

I'm on or have been on everything you said. The neurontin/gabapentin is very helpful with nerve pain. I love it. I switched from lyrica to savella and I love it. It helps my energy level and mood. And I can actually sleep without the ambien. Everyone is so different. But you can't let yourself fall into this dark hole of depression and it's so hard. You just have to keep trying until you find what works for you. Definitely try the neurontin though! And your insurance might not cover savella. It doesn't have a generic and it's fairly expensive. I hope you find what works for you.
    • Posted

Have u tried cymbalta? If so how does it fare against savella? Does savella make you not yourself in anyway, I mean like spaced and being dopey or emotional changes? Also is savella a weight gaining drug?

Thanks

• Posted

I was on on gabapentin for 2 pills made me severely depressed, pain and in an intense haze. It was horrible. Insurance doesn't pay for the Lyrica 600 plus a monththank god for samples. Then again it is hard to take.
  • Posted

Savella is the only drug approved ONLY for fibromyalgia treatment. Cymbalta is an antidepressant in addition to treating fibro. Antidepressants, I seem to find, make me feel weird. Savella is weight neutral my doctor said, but personally I've actually lost weight while on it. It lessens your appetite.
    • Posted

Lyrica is suppose to make you gain. It is funny I was told to be on a 2000 calorie diet a day . I eat about 8-1500 calories a day because everything from food to drinks taste like metal . Remember getting a filling done, that icky taste, yes always there even when I brush my teeth. I have gained 60 pounds in about 4-6 weeks not sure why RA said it was the steroids but I haven't lost one pound.
  • Posted

And Savella doesn't make you feel weird. I do get hot flashes though.
    • Posted

Besides the horrible metal tste, the way it makes me want to sleep , it also worsens what everyone calls fibro fog. All the connections are n't all made in my brain. I have gotten to the point that I tell my husband My brain isn't right .
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you are struggling with your meds. I were on Lyrica in the early days, and the side effects were dreadful..Dr would not take me off them, so I thought its my body..I weaned myself off them. And as a result lost loads of weight too. I saw a different dr and he put me on to Oramorph..it takes the edge off the pain..Thats all I take, along with hotwater bottles and wheat pads.
    • Posted

Thanks, added that to the list. I am sure the doctor will love me my notes are 7 pages long, and I got 15 extra minutes with her. OOH Ya

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.