diognosed with Hypothyroidism today

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello. I am 34/M and was diognosed with Hypothyroidism today, after getting a blood test for something else. I need to get another blood test tomorrow. I am unsure of the severity of the syptoms in others but I am hoping that the following will soon come to an end:

- Anxiety

- Bad memory

- Foggy headed (feels like head is buried in sand)

- Sounds are different than usual

- Short tempered

- Very annoying tinnitus

- Crappy feeling all the time

- Thoughts are mixed up

I have been experienncing these symptoms for the past 3 months or so, some worse than others and I truIy just feel like crud. I am wondering if this could be a result of Hypothyroidism? I have just about lost the plot and am hoping something will get better soon. 

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joel, yes many of the symptoms you describe are typical of hypothyroidism. Ask for your test results and share them here as it will help people respond with constructive advice. Doctors usually medicate with synthetic hormone, a low dose to begin with, so it can take weeks or a few months to get things sorted out. it's not an instant process so you will need to be patient.

one version of hypothyroidism is called Hashimoto's where the immune system attacks the thyroid, and diet, in particular going gluten free, can help with that as well as the medication. The test for that is antibodies so see if your doc will test for that.

• Posted

Thank you for the response Dave, I will post the results of the proper blood test after I get it done tomorrow and hopefully can work out an onward plan that will result in better mind and health. Who would have thought that something could knock you in 2 out of the blue and make you feel 112. I haven't been prescribed anything as of yet but am looking forward to getting my life back in the next couple of months. I thought I was going crazy, but it's helped me to relax knowing that it's not all in my head.

• Posted

Hi Joel, the symptoms you describe could definitely be due to hypothyroidism. However, I'll give you a tip that most thyroid patients go through having to trouble shoot their health issues because hypothyroid disease can cause a chain of other illnesses, and the symptoms of hypothyroid disease are very similar to many deficiencies as well as other illnesses, such as diabetes. Deficiencies in minerals such as magnesium, vitamin D, B complex can also contribute to thyroid symptoms.

In addition, chemical exposure, heavy metal toxicity, particularly from mercury and bromine can induce hypothyroidism as well as the autoimmune disease that results in hypothyroidism.

So you wind up basically troubleshooting every aspect of your health. I would urge you to get ahead of the disease by starting with diet, nutrition and exercise, as these can play a major part in curbing the progression of thyroid disease and even in reversing hypothyroidism.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.