Dip in head/skull

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

On the back right side of my head, I can feel a dip in my head. It's not small, but it's also not huge. It is of decent size. From what I have noticed, it has been there for a long time. I am approaching my 20s, and I am worried about it. There is no pain, it's just there. Does that sound like a natural harmless variable in the growth of the human body?

Thanks,

-JT

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If we were all bald you would see that skull shapes are slightly different for each person. When feeling your head the contours seem much more pronounced than they really are. If you have always had this and there is no pain or tenderness and you feel OK then i would try to forget about it. Try asking a trusted friend or member of your family to feel your head. Your Mother would be ideal as she would know all about the shape of your head from birth.

If its really worrying you then get it checked by a doctor,and especially if it seems to be changing in any way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.