Diprobase

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i am just wondering if anyone has used Diprobase for an eczema flare up and if so if its any good?

I am considering trying it for a rash i have on my chest which i think is my eczema. The area is a bit sensitive at the moment so i am weary of what creams to try.

Any advice greatly appreciated

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Diprobase is very good for dry skin & eczema.  It is an emollient 

https://patient.info/health/atopic-eczema/moisturisers-for-eczema-emollients

This page might help you too.

Good luck Jane

• Posted

Thats great thanks think i might give it a try. I have been using aqueous calamine cream but i think i need something specifically for eczema.
    • Posted

Calamine is very drying, so the opposite to what you want for eczema.  Hope the Diprobase helps.
  • Posted

Whenever you use a new cream for the first time you could test it on a small area for example on your inner forearm for at least 24h.

If it is ok, then I would recommend testing it on a small area that is affected by your eczema. That way it is more likely to avoid an adverse reaction.

• Posted

Yes I would recommend it. I’ve been in hospital with eczema all over, it’s important to keep moisturised I do all over twice a day and it really helps 

Jim x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.