Dire prednisolone withdrawal

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi! I was taking pred for hives over a week 5mg 6,5,4,3,2,1 it didn't work so doctor put me on 6 for 5 days then 5 for 3 days 4 for 3 days etc. Down to 4 woke up in the night with feet burning got down to 2 woke up in the night feet burning and the room was spinning round. Phoned doctor he said to just do one day of one to come off. Now I have neuropathy in one foot, still have hives and had burning skin, now contact dermatitis, stiff creaking neck, pressure headache and feel like I'm on another planet just can't function. My adrenals are low anyway but endocrinology won't help me. The doctor said he didn't think it was the steroids but I'm certain it is. I have reactions to meds and food all the time. Wondering if I have diabetes as I've read pred can cause that. Don't want to go to doctors for a blood test as I'm still shielding and can't have the covid jab as I had an adverse reaction to a flu jab in 2015! Feel abit hopeless is this how it is in withdrawal? Has anyone else had neuropathy taking prednisolone?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.