Directional Blinking-Eye Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am having this pain for 4 days now, when I blink I get a mild to sharp pain/irritation in my eye when my eyelid is down. Feels like an eyelish in the eye but there's nothing there. Only happens when I'm looking in a forward direction. The pain goes away if I look to my far-right, even if blinking, but if I look straight (in that general forward direction) I get this pain while my eyelid goes over the cornea. In that general area. Can't find any lashes or foreign bodies there, and have visited Optometrists and Opthamologists multiple times, all they say is that they see "No problems" and diagnose me with Dry Eyes. Can happen in either eye. Can last for days, but will usually go away for weeks. Eye drops tend to make the pain worse over the span of a day and can give me pain around the Cornea if I use excessive doses. 34/male.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would switch to a different lubricating eye drop. Id try one that is preservative free also. You should not get pain from your eyedrop so definitely switch. Dry eye can cause irritation but corneal dystrophy can also and is missed by many eye doctors especially if it is map dot dystrophy or not further progressed. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.