Disability

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just wondered if anyone can tell me if menieres disease is classed as having a disability? Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

All depends how bad your MD is if you have a lot of drop attacks go to your doctor and see what they say.

I suffer really bad with MD to the point I have had operation to help still get fullness of ear.

Hope all works out for you xx

• Posted

Hi Abby I have md and have hadn't it for eight years. It's changed my life big time! Most days I have vertigo, my balance is bad and I dint leave the house on my own, cause of the attacks. I'm always having them outside which is scary. I live in the U.K. And I now claim disability but had to fight for it, but won x

• Posted

According to my legal advisor in the work place - yes this is classed as a disability. 

• Posted

I have not formally diagnosed, but.....any feeling of constant imbalance and dizziness SHOULD be classified as a disability!  Thankfully I am retired, but know that i could not perform my duties as a teacher with this condition...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.