Disability aids

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi lovely peeps !,

Do any of you know of any aids or tips i can use for crafts, mainly sewing, painting ? My right arm is really bad a lot of the time and i hate not being able to make the things that are stuffing up my brain lol

Any help much appreciated thanks

Krissy

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I took up knitting, mainly socks!
    • Posted

Hi seidman,

Well done ! My fingers can't cope with knitting :-(

• Posted

No, :-( i have found that i can do miniature painting as it requires much smaller movements. I miss sewing and baking though and just wondered if there were any gadgets or tips to help.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Krissy

• Posted

I have started look knitting which I love. It's basically wrapping the wool around pegs with your fingers and casting it off with a hook. I find the round ones easiest as I put it in between my legs whilst sitting. Turning the wheel as I go. Tutorials are on you tube. I have arthritis in my fingers so find this achievable. 

My husband also made me a tea tray. It's a wooden tray on legs that you can put over you. I use mine in bed. My husband covered it with green felt so nothing falls off it. I use mind for all sorts and it is big enough to rest your arms and hands on too xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.