Disability and Sunlife

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone in Canada have experience dealing with sunlife and LTD involving Sunlife? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not LTD but I am on STD with them right now. Are you having problems with dealing with them?
    • Posted

Not yet 

But they mentioned preexisting condition disqualifications. I was having symptoms and undergoing tests before I was hired, but not officially diagnosed until after I was fully covered by the plan. 

• Posted

Hi Scott,

I'm in Canada currently being covered LTD with Manulife through work till the 2 year mark which will be over Feb 2019. I've been asked to apply for CPP Disability benefits as Manulife covers till 2 years. Not sure what's going to happen next as lots of paperwork always going back and forth.

All the best...

Reena

• Posted

Hi Reena I'm in Canada also and in the process of applying for LTD through my work with Manulife. I'm waiting for a decision. Unfortunately, when I went for my VNG I miraculously had some relief for the first time in months and my VNG was within the normal range (But my affected ear did show a 15% difference.). What criteria did they consider for you? All my audios came back with moderate to severe hearing loss except for the one that I had with my VNG testing. Of course, all the other symptoms are subjective, and believe me, I have them all (symptoms). I'm afraid if I'm denied I'll have to retire and take a reduced pension as I can't afford to appeal. Did you have any problems with the process? I'm curious on what you went through with the process. Worried but hopeful ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.