disabled, are we a useless drain on society?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I hope not. Although I get that opinion when reading the populace media.

What would "they", have us do. We are not worth employing otherwise they would encourage us rather than seize the mobility vehicles clearly needed to get to work. Public transport is often not the answer because of equipment needed, wheelchairs, rollators, and other walking aids.

They don't like the idea of the disabled staying at home and getting paid for it. Sometimes it really does seem mainstream society despise the whole lot of us.

Or do they?

Mike.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mike09523 I totally know where your coming from I gave up my work as I've got so many different things that have gone wrong with me that makes it very difficult to do the work i was doing. Yes i agree that "WE" THEM, THE DISABLED, TAKE EVERYTHING from them but i say I'm not a junkie with a dog to support and a habit but they get they're handout without any qualms, or alcoholics who get all the help they need again without any qualms i get so bloody angry sorry if I offend anyone but STOP picking on disabled people we DID NOT make these things happen they're either genetic, hereditary or just pure bad luck and the government want to strip more and more benefits " hey I've got an idea !! Why don't you do what they used to many years ago fling us in an INSTANT IT'S"

• Posted

Sorry the last word on my first reply should've been INSTITUTE if this is how you spell it???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.