DISAPPEARING AF?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm 55 and was diagnosed 18 months ago with PAF. I'd had palpitations for years on and off so eventually doc put me on heart monitor and next thing I know I've got AF! Consultant put me on bisoprolol which made me feel unwell so came off that. I can count on one hand the episodes I've had this year and each time I go for a check up my pulse is normal. ECG shows no AF. I'm on warfarin but that's all. Can it just disappear?

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've been told by both my docs that AF does not disappear; it will only get worse as time goes by. 

Several EKGs have never showed any problem however, when I was put on a holter monitor, I was in AF 47% in a 24 hour period.  U have to go by the Holter rather that the EKG. 

Check out out pradaxa instead of warafin. It does not have to be monitored and has no dietary requirements like warafin. And it does have a reversal factor.  

Good luck. 

• Posted

I don't think it has a reversal, but like Apixaban that I'm on it doesn't last long in your system so a reversal agent shouldn't be needed.
    • Posted

Pradaxa got a reversal agent October 2016.  It's the only one of the newer drugs that has one.
    • Posted

Hi Gazza

Eliquis has caused many problems due to severe blood loss and bleed outs. 

Google it and and keep abreast of current data. 

Many Drs dont like prescibing the NOAC's due to the dangerous nature of the beast.

I am on it and have been told I cant stop it...why? Because the " drug withdrawal" has caused strokes when stopped, not the condition you take it for. 

I had a PE last year whilst on Xarelto. Drs couln't belive it as they said it was the gold standard for stopping clots...on checking the side effects I discovered it can indeed cause clots ???

• Posted

maybe that is why buddah had a PE while on eliquis. very important to take these meds on time, especially blood thinners.

i didnt know know about how long the effects were. guess i need to better inform myself.

• Posted

i am hoping mine will disappear. i had several episodes in february, but they now have spreadout to every 3-4 weeks. i take sotalol, eliquis.

i am scheduled for an ablation in july, but am seriously considering cancelling.

idont know of anyone who has had this to go away. it is just managed. age is the biggest trigger and being female. nothing we can do about that.

wishing u well and i hope it does go away for u.

• Posted

Your not in PAF unless your in AF all the time. Persistent AF are people who haven't yet tried a CV or Ablation but are always in AF. Permanent AF for those who have and can't stay in NSR.
    • Posted

i only was diagnosed in february. had 4 episodes, violent afib, put on sotalol and eliquis, wire a monitor for 3 weeks that showed i was in and out. some i felt, some i didnt. the past 4 months i have only had 3 episodes.( that i have felt).

ive been reading that some people have waited 30 years to be ablated, either by choice or recommendarion- i do t know. my dictor wants to do an ablation now.

im thinking i need to wear another monitor to see what i am doing or is this preventative since no one is sure if it ever will come back.

• Posted

Told it gets worse. I have been putting off ablation..asymptomatic but still have afib

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.