Disappointed with my 2nd spinal cord stimulator

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from rsd in my left leg and foot from a auto rollover almost 3 years ago, I was diagnosed when within days of the accident I started getting the worst pain and burning, I thought I was going to lose my mind. After 6 months I decided on getting a spinal cord stimulator but after 3 months of implant it failed to keep working so it was removed and I had another stimulator implanted but by a different company. Ever since this was implanted I've noticed that I'm not getting the relief that the first one gave me even though I've had numerous adjustments. The sensation covers the areas I need covered and stays strong for a bit then it feels like it's weakening no matter how much I can increase the programs. Has anyone had a problem like this? The rep did diagnostic testing on my stim and couldn't find any issues with it.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Christy I had the Stim for 6 months. I had it removed. It never reached my feet. A total waste of time. I had to diagnose myself. The dr agreed I had it. 2 years later I am in unbearable pain.

Get rid of the stim!

• Posted

Hi, I was the second person tho have a dorsal column stimulator back in the 90s I then went on to have a further 17 before I finally said enough!!! I'm now left with 2 small bits of titanium which can't be removed, my point is just be careful I wish you well

• Posted

I came on this site to see what people have experienced with spinal cord stim as my doc want to put one in. I have had CRPS x 22 years. I used an external device (Quell) but found the pain was annoying. The vibration sensation was painful at the higher levels. Yikes!!
    • Posted

I understand from my pain dr that the newest stimulator doesn’t have to be charged and doesn’t buzz or humm 
  • Posted

Hi I'm a little biased against having a stimulator having had so many unsuccessful ones and the damage that they left behind but that doesn't mean to say that it won't work for you if an external device gives you some relief well that's better than none, I suppose my advice to you would be look at the pros and cons, what will life be like if it works and if it doesn't. You say that you've had this for 22 yrs so like me you must know every trick for distraction technique, I wish I could be of more help.

good luck. If you'd like to contact privately we could email or txt. Julie

• Posted

They are offering me the newest one that doesn’t buzz, humm or need to recharge. I’m thinking about it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.