Posted , 4 users are following.
I had TKR on my left knee march 5th this year and the knee seized at 50 ROM 5 weeks post op. Consultant diagnosed Arthrofibrosis and recommended an MUA . This was done this monday 17th December after a 7 month wait ( normal waiting time for NHS procedure in my area. He managed to get it to 90 ROM in theatre and i was admitted as an inpatient for 48 hours on a CPM once on the machine i could only manage a ROM of 55 at first but slowly got it back to 90. i was discharged home on wednesday afternoon and told that i would receive community physio at home for the next 10 days excluding xmas day and boxing day. Thursday morning I woke up and my knee was so swollen it measured 22 inches. It was also extremely painful. I found that it had seized up again. I waited for physiotherapist to arrive, but despite leaving three messages they did not contact me or turn up. Again today I waited and still no physiotherapy. I cannot get my knee to move at all. it is now 23 inches swollen and really painful. I rang my GP who told me to call physio, but no answer, so i rang my consultants secretary but the office is closed until December 27th I Rang the hospital ward who just told me to ring physio, so ive just been going in circles. it feels like my knee joint is not responding. i can only move it about an inch if i physycally hook my right foot over my left ankle and pull it in and its agony to do that, even with the strong painkillers i have been prescribed. i tried to order a CPM to rent but there are non available until the new year. its like the whole thing has been a complete waste of time and i feel so deflated. Has anyone experienced anything similar? or have any advice or information they can pass I would be extremely grateful.
kindest regards Kerrie
0 likes, 10 replies