Discharge

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been get Discharge for 2 weeks and it smell down below really worry had a swab done yestoday

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Do not worry! Simply wait calmly for your swab results! Worry and speculating about what might be wrong will not change the outcome of your tests and will only cause you anxiety which can upset your gut. Unusual, smelly discharge can point to infections that are not STDs such as bacterial vaginosis and thrush. I had strange discharge and was very worried so I discussed my concerns with my doctor who told me they were looking for bacterial vaginosis. It turned out to be thrush instead caused by antibiotics I had been tried on for a non existant UTI. My doctor confirmed the antibiotics were responsible for the infection. I was treated successfully with a topical cream and and medication which cleared everything up. Stress can sometimes cause thrush and at the time I had also been recovering from stress, related to waiting for my IBS diagnosis which took three and a half months to come through.

Have you been on any antibiotics or been stressed? Consider the less worrying alternatives first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.