Discharge after BV treatment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all. Curious as to what you ladies discharge looked like after any treatment for your BV? My gyn office is horrible and can’t answer any of my questions and is booked out for months, so I have no idea if I’m clear or what!

Mine was initially THICK and yellow and lots of it. I finished my metronidazole course and have since started doxycycline and now my discharge is minimal, maybe more than when I was “normal” though, still yellow but now it’s going back and forth from stretchy as heck to small clumps every now and again. No smell anymore and never was itchy. When I check my CM, it’s either white or yellow and stretchy too so I don’t know what the heck is going on! What was your experience?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

They gave you metronidazole, so did the Gyno say it was BV? I did use the gel once vaginally and it worked. However, I did get a yeast infection but it wasnt full blown just the white clumps. I left it alone and let it clear up. I have learned that my menteual cycle every now and the is a culprit of the BV. Insult use a suppository at the end of my period the next two days. They are holistic and safe. I eat plain yogurt every day and drinking water a plus! Juicing is also a plus. Don’t stick anything up there besides the suppositories. 
    • Posted

Yeah I was positive for gardnerella and negative for everything else. When you finished the gel, the yellow color went away? That’s really my only symptom so I’m not sure if it’s gone or what. Also not sure why they gave me doxycycline now because that doesn’t work on gardnerella and I’m not seeing any changes. sad
  • Posted

Hi Simonne, 

First let me start by saying I’m sorry you’re experiencing this too. I literally left planner parenthood today wanting to cry because there are no permanent cures for bv and it seems like anything (including your period) can trigger it. I was back again today after still feeling a little bit of itching and I just finished the Metrodinazole last week!! WTF? Like why do I still have some symptoms. Just like you, I did have less discharge and it wasn’t smelly; however, I also noticed my discharge being yellowish. So that’s why I was back today. She said my cervix looked good and that there was no smell and that she would check the sample under a microscope. After a few minutes an assistant came in and just said the nurse practitioner was prescribing me with Metrodinazole and a vaginal cream. I’m really depressed at this point but I wish she would have came in the room herself and told me I have bv because I don’t think I have bv. If anything more of a yeast infection. I would go back and check just to be on the safe side. 

• Posted

Oh crud. So you’ve still got the yellow and tested positive? That’s depressing, for both of us.  I figured since the smell and itch are such critical points that maybe juuuust maybe it was a good sign that I was clear since I have neither of those things. Rats!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.