Discharge and Anxiuty attack , need help please

Posted , 4 users are following.

helllo everyone

after delivering my baby , strange things happened to me , that any disecharge in my viginal made me so so anxious and couldn't sleep at all

it's first time happened to me , and I went to emargency and they give me Dizepam to help

sometimes it's work , but most of the time not

anxiously attack occurred each 10 days have one , and speacialy before my period

any one had this praoblem before ?

is it something treatable and it will go away , or it will effect me all my life ?

Note: I'm now on Citalopram to help me on this , but still couldn't treat that , it help a little on pervious attack , but today it couldn't , I don't know if it's becz if change medcation time from morning to night or it for other reason sad

still in week 10 on medcation

please help me , becz it's hard to be pation sad

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Can you work out what you're thinking about the discharge, or any associations your brain is making thats triggering the anxiety?
    • Posted

first I thought like u that if I saw it maybe I will link it

but then , it happened than I saw the discharge and find that it's really the reason!

nothing triggering my Anxiuty in most of the time, but in some case I just first be worry of sleeping and haveing enough time to rest before my baby wake up then end up with really severe Anxiuty attack sad

• Posted

How old is the baby? And is it your first baby?

Are you breastfeeding?

Was the labour awful? Did you haemorrhage when the afterbirth was coming out?  Have you been having a great many sleepless nights because of the baby?

I'm a midwife, which is why I'm asking all this. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I'm not sure what is causing this to be happening to you. I think you should see your soctor.

Just for the record, I have never encountered a woman who has had this problem after having a baby, so I'm as puzzled as you are. Please see your doctor. And please let us know how you're doing. We're all here to help. Love Tess

• Posted

First thank u so much for ur replay

I think I need it I

okay I will answer all ur question becz I need a help

1- my baby now is 5 month

2- yeah she is my first

3- I stopped breastfeeding after 2 month becz I thought that it effect me and made me tired and dpressed

4- yeah it was so defficult and hard and awful

5/ umm no

6- I can say she is along a good sleeper

Yeah I m too wondering what's happened

but I just remember , that I was on antidpresassion before getting pregnant

I stooped antidepressant for one month , and getting a pregnant on the other month { Next minute ) do u think this effect my Hwrmoun ?

• Posted

like that women often have to have a lot of vaginal examinations, which are intrusive and  uncomfortable. And, of course, the baby came OUT of your vagina, so I was just wondering if you haven't had a chance to debrief on your labour. I mean that most women who have anxieties after the baby's born find it very helpful to discuss the labour and your feelings about it with a midwife.

So is it possible that seeing vaginal discharge reminds you in any way, even subconsciously, of the awful labour.

My other thought was you mentioning that you had been on anti-depressants before becoming pregnant, so you're already a candidate for post natal depression and anxiety.. Your hormones are still all over the place, even after five months.

Does having your period make you anxious - because obviously the menstrual flow has to come out of the vagina.

And why are you getting discharge, anyway? Is there any possibility that you might have contracted a sexually-transmitted disease? Sorry to ask that but it isn't normal to have lots of vaginal discharge.

Would you like to PM me? If so, please do. love Tess

• Posted

Sorry, the beginning of that message didn't print.

It said:  I can think of two possible scenarios that might be causing this - the first is your description of your labour as hard, painful and awful, and when a labour is like that women have to.....

etc. Hope that made sense

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.