Discharge / spotting week before period-typical of endo?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, so for two days earlier this week (on my 22nd birthday) i had some pink-brown discharge, is this typical of endo? i have health anxiety and have been so scared of it being sinister. i have had a transvaginal ultrasound, and last week was really disapointed as my gynaecologist just fobbed me off due to my age and being slim, saying that he wont yet do a lap. very stressful week, emotionally and mentally exhausted

help?

gross pics attached

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I used to have discharge but was never told that it had anything to do with endo. I didn't look at the pictures because I saw quite enough of my own discharge at your age, lol.

Doctors don't like to cut people open unless the doctors feel it is necessary. If this discharge is your only symptom, I would he surprised if anyone would do a laparoscopy. Compared to so many other surgeries, it's a minor kind but it is still anesthesia and cutting you open. Every incision comes with the possibility of adhesions inside the abdomen, and many gynecologists/surgeons prefer to keep those possibilities to a minimum. There is always risk with anesthesia so, again, docs like to avoid it if possible.

If you have more endo symptoms: yes, your age factors into the refusal to do a laparoscopy for the same reasons as above, plus many gynos are still stuck in hoping that we get pregnant & the endo goes away. You will have to campaign harder to get it done.

I don't understand why size comes into it? I was 5'4" and 120 lbs when I had mine at 27.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.