Discharge under Birth control pill

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been taking a combination birth control pill for about 2 months now and it has been working fine but recently i noticed that i have been having dark discharge normally during the day when i am out and about. I take the pill daily at night so i wake up with very little discharge but it increases through the day. it has been like this for a week now so I am curious to know if anyone is experiencing similar situations while under the pill to avoid the endo from recurring. this month will be a year since I have gone through the operation but the scans done 3 months ago was clear as I was under another birth control treatment for 6 months after the surgery. 

Any thoughts on this will be much appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had light amounts of that while on birth control for endo. My doc wasn't concerned at all. Best to get it checked just in case. Praying for you!

• Posted

Hi heatherflowpow, seems like the pill didn't really work for me. when i went to the doctor she said it was normal to bleed every 3-4 months on the pill and i had the bleeding for the second time in the span of 6 months while on the pill which she still said was a normal thing to occur. unfortunately on my recent follow up check she found that my cyst has returned and this time it is as big as 5cm by 3cm somewhat of an oval shape. she has referred to the hospital where i will have another check in 2 weeks time. Now i am going on a very strict diet to see if there is a possibility for me to shrink the cyst. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.