Discharged from Hospital.

Posted , 11 users are following.

WOW.....

Just been to the hospital, been signed off for 12 months, they are pleased with me and I am chuffed!

Still got to do the exercises, massages, icing etc.... 'cos it will  take  up to 18 months to be 'normal'

I saw the X-rays and asked if they put my old knee cap back and yes they have.  The surgeon would rather do that.

Just got to get back into walking more again.

I will stay with the group as I might be able to offer some advice...cool

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Congratulations, Hazel.  Heres to the future.  Just waiting for my op date and very mixed feelings.  So grateful for these forums - I've learned so much. 

Blessings.

• Posted

Best wishes for your op, I know reading up can sometimes be over whelming but the information given by everyone is so valuable and being in with those who have been through this op helps.  It is different for everyone, just take it as ity comes, take your meds, do the exercises and don't rush things..  Take care.
  • Posted

That's great news Hazel, it just proves that it's possible to get back to normality eventually. 😀
  • Posted

Congratulations hazel. Happy walking.    Sue S 
  • Posted

Glad to hear you're well on the way Hazel. Keep us posted and well done
  • Posted

That's brilliant Hazel. Well done. Please stay with the group....I need the originals from my time on here so I can continue to moan about needing more surgery (and not put off the newcomers 😜) xx
  • Posted

Well I still have a lot of work to do, just come upstairs to the computer and my leg is as stiff as a board. Have massaged it, still to do my evening exercises.Had a   long walk round the hospital, then all way round the supermarket..but still on a high from this morning..biggrin
  • Posted

14 weeks po and I came downstairs this morning without having to stop and think about putting left foot first on the stairs.   Crossing fingers that this is moving on to another stage.
    • Posted

wow thats really good Hazel. im still dodgy on the stairs and I think we had our ops at the same time??? mine was 5.3.15 x x
    • Posted

Yes same day.   I still find it harder going up stairs when tired at night, the stairs seem like a mountain!
    • Posted

well ive just stood and baked and my flamin knee is soooooo stiff now lol the flamin cake had better be worth it lol
    • Posted

I miss cooking so much. I find it very relaxing so when I do try, I march on the spot.  Don't know if it helps, but it cheers me up. 
    • Posted

Would you believe it....this morning I had to stop and think how to go down!!!!drat it.
    • Posted

Lol hazel thats the way it goes im still laid in bed reading ha ha. Gonna finish me cakes later!!!!!
    • Posted

LOL when I finish my cakes later il try that one!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.