Disci

Posted , 2 users are following.

I discovered this spot on my toe nail a few weeks ago. Originally assumed it was some sort of bruise, although there was and is no pain when I touch it. However, it seems to still be persisting after two weeks or so. I have noticed little or no change in size - it may have possibly gotten a tad smaller but its hard to tell.

The color also seems to not have changed much. If anything it has gotten ever so slightly lighter.

First noticed Nov 7:

Photo taken about two weeks later:

Any ideas?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would watch it. If it changes shape or gets bigger, go get checked for melanoma. Keep the pics for the doctor. It definitely could be from trauma. You have dark skin, so a bruise could show up black. If it's a bruise, it should change to a greenish tint and start to disappear within a couple more weeks.

• Posted

Also, if it popped up out of nowhere, it's more likely to be from trauma. A cancer typically slowly shows up. It doesn't pop up overnight, USUALLY.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.