discomfort 4 days after colonoscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 25 and had colonoscopy and gastroscopy 4 days ago following years of stomach/digestive issues. I didn't get a lot of information after the procedure as I was quite out of it and as i have a follow up appt with my gastroenterologist in a weeks time. All i know is that it went smoothly but they did remove some polyps and took lots of biopsies.

I was wondering if anyone else had discomfort following their procedure? I had the usual gas/bloating pain the day of and following day. but yesterday and today I've had very small amounts of blood on toilet paper and in stool, urgency to go to the bathroom but then cannot go (normal for me), mucus in my stool and pain in my lower part of stomach. I'm also very aware of my rectum/bum.. i feel like i'm constantly contracting/squeezing it and it hurts quite a bit.

Im aware there should be some level of discomfort but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I should add that I also haven't had much appetite and am really only eating 2 pieces of toast and a yoghurt a day at the moment

• Posted

I had a tough time during and after.I hate colonoscopies. I bled for a while and I have a rectal fissure that was made worse from my proceedure, but the doctor would never admit it. Unfortunately, you may need to have a doctor check out the doctors work if you don't get better soon. Make sure you call them and let them know you are having issues. If you get sick like a fever or chills. More or heavy bleeding or pain seek help quickly. Most of the time it just heals and you will get better,but if not make sure you get checked out.

• Posted

Can you not check in just by ringing the ward you where on.  They do say to if you are worried of which you are. I would,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.