Discomfort after colonoscopy and endoscopy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I wanted to write a post since I was unable to find answers online of what was normal after a colonoscopy. Most information online, including my post op instructions said to only call the Dr with severe pain or bleeding. Otherwise all should be back to normal the same day or within 24 hrs.

I woke up in pain, my cleanse was not clear even the morning of, and I was still cleansing from the minute I left there. I was bloated and had pelvic pressure, pain and tenerderness for 3 days. i called the Dr. who was very understanding and said that my colon was irritated and this was normal.

I took a 1/2 pill of immodium AD and cannot tell you how much better I am! I am so relieved!

Even the pain and pressure is gone. I wish I would have called the dr earlier..i was starting to worry from some blogs I have read. If you have concerns please call dr..I could have been happier 2 days ago if i called. I do feel I Still need rest..I am very tired.

The Dr, did mention that the good bacteria is pushed out so to get culterelle. I take a probiotic supplement already so he said that is good enough.

He also mentioned IB Gard but I have not tried it, its expensive and since the Immodium worked I am good.

This is my 2nd colonoscopy and the first one was more than 10 yrs ago, which i do not remember any pain from that one. I am thinking the cleanse was probably better then, and communication/information too. Or I also had an endoscopy..perhaps way too much air was let in!

I hope everyone is well! and thanks for posting so we do not feel alone!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The worst part is the prep I done it and that stuff about made me sick I was done going and was still going before they came and got me and took me back to the surgery room it only took 20 minutes and she did find a 5 cm poylp which was took out on July 16th of this year I had to have half of my colon removed and that surgery was the right decision now I am up and moving around went home the next day stitches all gone and its almost been a month now and don't feel any pain from that at all. I don't feel any pain from the colonscopy just the room spinning and being dizzy til the middle of the next day and that was it.

• Posted

Thanks Patty! I'm glad your procedure went well an you feel better. I had a polyp removed too, but nothing else. I do not think I should be experiencing discomfort, but I still am. The Immodium worked wonders yesterday but today I still have discomfort. I am hoping it will go away, I will have to give it time I guess. I am trying not to freak out. I am really tired. Today I tried gas X, tomrrow Ill try Immodium again I guess.

Wish me luck! Thanks again for sharing.

• Posted

If it doesn't get better call your doctor and tell them your still having discomfort it should go away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.