Discomfort from Stomach & Down please HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am a 22 year old male & everything started about a week ago. I did stop masterbating for a month & a half & broke the streak for 4 days in a row then stopped. The dull pain started in my left lower stomach & as the week went on it gradually continued to my lower back (left side then both sides) waist/groin area, down to my testicles. During this time it started as a gas problem (I couldn’t burp/pass gass & had trouble doing a #2)(i assumed at the start) it wasn’t anything sharp but it was discomforting enough to just stop me from wanting to do anything out of frustration to find out what was wrong. i then went to the doctors to get checked, she did check my stomach, waist & groin & testicles and even took a pee test and she said nothing was wrong but felt congested with gas & what not to just continue what i’m doing. but now i feel as if my testicles groin/waist & parts of my legs are sore?? last night i was even up because my whole lower body wouldn’t stop shaking. is that possible or even normal with somebody that had backed up gas , bowel, & blue balls for around a week?? i am a nervous & paranoid person even tho the doctor did say nothing was wrong. I did have blood work done a few months back & they did say nothing was wrong except i had a thyroid issue, high cholesterol, & low vitamin D. So i’ve been taking medication for those, can it be possible these symptoms are from the meds??? or am i just overreacting with this gas/constipation issue. i did go & get gas X & dulcolax for this issue. i have taken gas x for 2 days 1 a day around 1pm & i just took 1 dulcolax last night. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It depends on what food you ate during this time and you might also have over done it and might become weak.Check your B12 levels.

If your digestion is good, then you can rule out it is not gas problem.

I have also got pain like this few times and felt bit difficult with walking. but when I did the scan they found small hernia on left side, but after few days,I was normal also they said I don't need surgery.

Also kind of advice, don't over do anything! Whether it's eating, running,etc.

• Posted

the last 2 days i couldn’t do a #2 nor pass gas or burp. after i took the laxative, this morning alone i did 3 #2s but now i kind feel like it’s starting all over again, i don’t have a problem peeing nor do i have pain while doing so. i do walk 2-3 times a day so i’m not sure if that’s not the cause of the soreness in my legs, but i also don’t have pain while walking/movement it actually helps. i more so feel it while i’m sitting down, im a sloucher so i slouch all the time but both sides of my lower back are bothering me. the doctor also said congestion can cause back pain. idk if i’m overreacting about all of this or what. 
    • Posted

about the food, before feeling this way i didn’t have any home food so i had to get something out for breakfast for about 3 days. i had gotten the same thing, i went to DD & got egg, cheese, with a english muffin. so that for 3 days for breakfast. & dinner usually some meat/pasta with vegetables. i’m not sure if any of that causes gas or constipation 

• Posted

Some vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, and brussels sprouts can cause gas
    • Posted

i eat about any vegetables everyday for lunch & dinner like carrots, espárragos, broccoli, a salad, corn, etc. i’ve been reading everything on & people throw around IBS a lot... would the doctor have said i had it if she thought i did?? she didn’t say anything but “it does feel like you’re congested” to just to live normally & try more fiber & what not. she even mentioned some stuff i can take for the gas & constipation. 

• Posted

If your doctor thought you had IBS, she would have told you.  It is your doctor’s job to listen to your symptoms and deduce from them or from tests what condition you may have.  If she has not told you what your condition is, you need to go back and ask your doctor directly so know exactly what is going on.  Change of bowel habit, shifting abdominal pain, back pain, gas and nausea triggered by food or stress are IBS symptoms.  If all your tests are negative, IBS can be diagnosed.

My final doctor told me straight out ‘I think you have IBS’ after three and a half months of negative tests.  I had shifting abdominal pain, bowel habit change, nausea and back pain.  I had an ultrasound, stool tests for h pylori and fecal calprotectin, a celiac and urine test.  If your doctor says to you ‘I think you have IBS’, you will have a comfirmed diagnosis of IBS.

• Posted

no i didn’t get offered anything. after i told her i had lower back pain (i do sit a lot & slouch) she wanted me to take a urine test which she did say everything looked fine, that this is just some backed up gas & some constipation. she told me if i wanted to, to get some things that’s helped with this stuff (which i did gas x & a laxative). i just hate how i’m always so worried about everything & get paraniod. everything would be just fine then the instant i think about something the symptoms would arise again. i just wanted get some 2nd opinions from people who experienced this before just to tell me income overreacting & to listen to the doctor which i hope i am. 

• Posted

You should listen to your doctor and try out the solutions she offered.  If your symptoms continue or get worse, go back to your doctor.
  • Posted

Did they just do a  regular urine test? They can do a urine culture as well to see if there’s any bacteria. sometimes you can get a kidney stone that hurts like the dickens too. And if they gave you vitamin D to take it can cause constipation. 
    • Posted

im not sure what kind she did. all i know is she said “can you pee right now? we can do a urine test & see if i see something” so that’s what happened. i don’t get pain when i pee either nor do i have trouble with it. my vitamin D pills i take are once a week as well. i am feeling better as the days go on but i do continue to feel the symptoms whenever i think about it. my guess is i’m just worried about nothing and i just have to wait this out until it goes away??.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.