Discomfort in car

Posted , 7 users are following.

Any suggestions of a good cushion or pillow while driving or riding in a car? My bottom is so uncomfortable and I've tried so many pillows. I have to go home and lay off it for awhile after driving or riding. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions??

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I tried lots of different things but never found anything that made it comfortable but it does get better eventually ! How many weeks post op are you !? X
    • Posted

Hi

Don't laugh but I had the same problem and a great resolution .

I have a memory foam neck pillow .... It's a bit awkward being curved but that along with my memory foam mattress is like sitting on a cloud honestly x

I'd never use it as a pillow again mind !

• Posted

I'm gonna pull over right now because I think I have one of those in my trunk!! Thank you, will let you know results!!
  • Posted

You can buy from mobility shops a foam ring that looks like a swimming ring.
  • Posted

Ring donut cushions are brilliant, mobility shops or Amazon sell them they are a life saver! 

i have had this problem (after enterocele & rectocele) and can also feel alot of pressure/pain  in bottom especially when need a BM.

until I discovered these cushions I was laid on sofa/in bed eating and drinking as couldn't sit at table! 

Only early days for me, 2 weeks post op, but hoping it eases soon! 

I used to cycle a lot before the op, at the moment I can't ever imagine sitting on a bike again! 😳 xx

• Posted

You need a rubber ring to sit on so theres no pressure!  don't know if Boots have these  they used too.
  • Posted

I have no idea whether this is rubbish or not but I was advised by a nurse not to use the ring cushions because of the nature of the surgery !! So I didn't but was bloomin uncomfortable sitting down without one !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.