Discomfort in my neck

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently started having weird neck pains I have never experienced before and I am worried it could be to do with my heart. I have an irregular heartbeat and have been experiencing central and left side chest pains as well as this weird feeling in my neck and below my collarbone.

I just want to know from anyone who has experienced heart problems and has had neck pain related to that, how it actually feels. Could you describe the pain?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you have to always experience the neck pain at the same time as the chest pain? Or can you get it at different times?

• Posted

I get it sometimes but its more like gas pain. It goes away as soon as I feel it like a fraction of seconds more like cramps. I get same thing in left side of chest as well.

• Posted

do you have a heart condition? My left side chest pain starts at my armpit and ends at the left of my chest. It feels a little bit like a stitch. My neck pain is a really weird sensation, it is just below my jaw and only hurts when I take a breath. It isn't all the time though, just occasionally. I get chest pain much more frequently.

• Posted

I dont have heart condition. This is something confirmed by doctors from last 1 year after performing multiple CT scans for Heart and Chest. But I do get pain around armpit area and chest - approx. 5 inches area around armpit..sometimes pain radiates in back side as well and I felt some tenderness but Ultrasound and CT scan didnt find anything remarkable. I feel jaw pain sometimes which is only when I open mouth widely and I guess its common for all.

You also said in your thread you have irregular heartbeat , is it something evaluated by your doctor ?

• Posted

I am going to have some tests done soon, but my heart has been irregular for years. I had multiple pulmonary emboli last year which affected my heart rate considerably and it has changed a bit. I have regular d-dimer blood tests which have come back low, so if there are no clots left affecting my heart I need to find out why it is all over the place.

I had armpit pain with the PEs under my right armpit but I think that may have been pleurisy. I worry about my heart because heart problems and diabetes run in my family.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.