discomfort in my upper body chest and back but no pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

i get discomfort in my chest as i touch it .   i also feel stiffness in my back.  however i have started swimming again this past week and the only other thing i have changed is taken some b12 supplements which i have now been off of for two days.   The uncomfortable feeling is definitely better but still there to the touch.   I have done blood work which came back very good.   I have just completed a stress and fitness test and am waiting those answers.   Blood pressure is normal and there is no history in my family of hear issues

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you kinda just overdid it swimming. What are your eating habits like 
    • Posted

I’m a good eater.   I watch everything I eat.   Hardly any junk food really.   5 Ft 7 170lbs but I workout a lot 
  • Posted

Just a thought, do you know what blood tests were done, does a D-dimer blood test ring any bells with you ? have you been checked for a pulmonary embolism ?  Although generally your chest wouldn't be sore to the touch with a P E, well not to my knowledge, do you get short of breath ? I know if a suspected DVT is found they can be hot and sore to touch

• Posted

I don’t recall that in my blood tests.   We talked about cholesterol and a bunch of other things and we spoke of the red blood cells being a bit low but nothing to worry about.   What is pulmonary embolism?
    • Posted

Hi, 

Pulmonary Embolism is a blood clot(s) in one or both lungs, very dangerous and you can die if not picked up and treated in time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.