Discomfort right side chest/stomach/ribs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi --

I'm a 16 year old male with no previously significant health issues.

I have had a discomfort / dull pain in my right side around the ribs down to stomach area. It is a feeling that I have had before, but only momentarily, if I have moved the wrong way for example.

I think it could be a pulled muscle or just stomach pain, but not sure. Kinda freaking me out.

Thanks!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

momentarily .. meaning for few seconds?

If so, then not much to worry about as you said it could be pulled muscle. 

But if you feel it many times a day, then have it checked out. 

• Posted

Ah sorry, to be clear -- I have this discomfort all the time currently, but previously as in months/years ago I've had it for bursts of a few seconds.

• Posted

Do you have change of bowel habit and does the pain come on after eating?  Does the pain move about?  Do you have any pain between your shoulder blades?
    • Posted

No change of bowel habit or after eating. Just this achy uncomfortable feeling all the time... I've had a bad back for months so I don't think its related and so particular pain between shoulder blades.

• Posted

I have IBS and I have had bowel habit change, constant, shifting stomach pain, nausea, and back pain. Now my pain is intermittent and it only appears when stressed.  My nausea is now rare.

How long have you had the current pain?  If it is more than a week, definitely see your doctor to have possibilities ruled out.

• Posted

It's been less than 3 days only... I don't think it is getting better though. Gets worse while sitting for a period of time.

• Posted

If the pain has been there for such a short time, give it a week and see what happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.