Discomfort & Twinges in lower abdomen

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello does anyone else get the odd discomfort/twinge/pain in their lower abdomen? Not sure if its the meds or caused by the anxiety.

Thanks

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

its the meds, it largely effects the gut as 80 percent of serotonin is stored there x

• Posted

Thanks thats reasuring to know, there are certainly some very odd side effects lol

• Posted

Hi

toria_07298

have a question

u hear of Lexapro ? If so what do u know about it

please help me because that's what they asked me to switch to after being 5 weeks on Celexa they think i need 2 because of me still having side effects from Celexa and they say that's to long that I should have them only for 2 weeks

I'm scared here and need help and answers please

thank u

• Posted

you are going to have side effects with all or any ssri.once the cycle starts with side effects with any ssri it will continue with any ssri.so your doctor thinks that switching ssri is not going to give you side effects?remember that switching you will experience discontinuation symptoms from the celexa.we talk about this before on pm.

• Posted

Would you say the side effects ever go away? 19 weeks now and still getting many physical symptoms which does not help my health anxiety at all. Thank you

• Posted

you need to give it at least 12 weeks lovely, doctors are clueless when it comes to how long these drugs take and changing too soon could cause problems x

• Posted

i had every single side effects listed on leaflet including rare ones.yes they went away.took roughly 8months for them to all subside .the only thing that i still have is mild tinnutis .but i rather have tinnitus than severe anxiety from paresthesia of the scalp.it felt like fire ants biting my scalp 24hours a day .and that was before any med.i also had suffered from health anxiety.i still take my celexa 10 milli.this drug save my life.best regards

• Posted

Hi Lois

This is encouraging as I have been bad since June with health anxiety,generalised anxietyand depression when it all started. I just want to feel normal again and happy I still feel quite detached some minutes, hours, days better than others but am still struggling. This is after 19 weeks 10,20 then 30mg for the last 14 weeks next week. I keep hoping I want to feel better this summer as I was lost last year and have two young children. Thank you

• Posted

Hi Louis

At what dose did you finally recover? and how long before you reduced to 10mg. Some of the comments on here when you do finally recover are scary re coming off of them as you appear to get all these effects again!! Is it not best to stay on them at a low dose. Thank you

• Posted

iam fully recovered on 10.three weeks on twenty could not cope so reduce instantly.also i plan to stay on med.for ever .i feel recovered because of the celexa .

• Posted

Ah thank you. I am still recovering as you know on 30mg 4 and a half months in. I hopefully can reduce in time fingers crossed when I recover!! Thank you

• Posted

Yes, I had this side-effect of tightness and discomfort in lower abdomen, particularly at the 4-6 weeks mark.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.