Discomfort under jaw and chin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone else experienced any discomfort in the area under their jaw or chin? I know anxiety can cause jaw pain but mine is more in the area under my jaw and chin and the top of the front of my neck. Its not pain as such more just a discomfort and strange feeling thats hard to describe but also had the occasional pain and twinge. Not sure if this is caused by anxiety and being tense or a side effect of the medication.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

side effect x

• Posted

Great thank you, did you get lots of strange sensations etc under your jaw and chin as well? Its hard to describe, sometimes feels tight, sometimes slight pain/discomfort and is sometimes on just one side or both and sometimes under my chin. Its not the actual jaw bone seems more like the skin or muscle from under my jaw to my throat if that makes sense

• Posted

Glad to hear its not just me that experiances this as most other people just mention jaw pain but not actually the flesh area underneath and into their neck which had me worried

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.