discontent

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have a chronic feeling of something missing, like i’m i’m not at peace or content and i don’t know what’s missing. it makes me uneasy. i want to feel complete and nothing makes me feel better. 

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I feel exactly the same. Most aspects of my life are a complete mess but this constant feeling of emptiness is horrible. I always feel on edge & I don't know why either. Are you on meds? Some side effects can cause what you're feeling. Have you spoken to anyone?

• Posted

im on prozac, buspar, and adderall, but this feeling was part of my depression and anxiety i assumed and wouod go away w the meds but never did

• Posted

I feel the same way. Have you ever used the Enneagram? If not, you can Google the word Enneagram and take a free test to identify your personality type. I'm a Type 4, and one of the characteristics of a Type 4 is to always feel as if something is missing. There are several web sites that explain the Enneagram, and some of them also offer good suggestions on how to handle the problems specific to our type. For example: http://drdaviddaniels.com/growth-for-type-4/

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.