Disease contact from toilet?! Help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I washed my whole toilet without gloves, then washed my hands only once. I then accidentally put my fingers in my mouth!! Will I get really sick???

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi jemma3016

If you washed your hands i am sure you will be fine.....

• Posted

Not really since you said you washed your hands. 

It is difficult to get disease from toilet, unless there is obvious poop hanging in there somewhere and that poop is containing pathogenic bacteria from someone else who has used it. 

I would not worry too much. 

• Posted

Hi rocky!

I've devolved a sore throats and have flem and and it feels swollen now..

will pathogenic bacteria cause this? And if so will my body kill it off?

It's me and my boyfriend who use the toilet. I'm very worried as I get sick quite easy!

Thank you

• Posted

Could I get strep from the toilet?

I feel very tired and drained yes.

Thank you !

• Posted

Nooo!

You won't it's your toilet aswell.

The public don't use it. But you could have washed your mouth again with a mouthwash.

You should be fine.you washed it and washed your hands you should be okay.

Everything was clean.

Stop worrying yourself .😊

• Posted

Hi Jemma

If you feel worried go and see your doctor. Tell them what you have told us okay. And they will put your mind at rest.

• Posted

Have you visited the supermarket recently, Not that I am trying to frighten you, but supermarket trollies are dirter than your toilet at home for bacteria.

My sister who is a very senior nurse uses antibacterial wipes from the hospital before she touches a supermarket trolly, and gives the handles a wipe.

One of the TV stations did a study here in australia about a year ago, it was a really big wake up call as to where the real bacteria is and its not your toilet, sponges in the kitchen were one that shocked me.

• Posted

Do you think I could have caught strep throat from my toilet?
    • Posted

Hi jemma3016

You get strep throat from droplets from other people..also from door handles and surfaces....search it....

• Posted

Its not so easy to get strep like that, cause mostly the immune system protects you; otherwise 99% of the people will have it in this world. 

The droplets with streptococcus aureus don't survive for few seconds outside of the human mucosal tissue, where they can grow and multiply, and that is throat.

The exception to this is tuberculosis, where tuberculosis bacillus can survive in a sputum spit on the street for about 30 minutes, but sometimes the sunshine will destroy it sooner. Therefore, TB is dangerously transmittable in the airplane when someone has it and the air breathed inside is transmittable to other people in aerosol droplets. Even then, onlt people with weak immune system can get it easily, not healthy folks. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.