Disequilibrium and pressure that comes and goes

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. I probably post too much on here but my health anxiety is extremely bad. Basically, I have a weird feeling in my head, or more so my scalp. Like a jumpy feeling, or like something is loose and moving in my head/scalp. And I'm also having disequilibrium. These feelings have come and went for a while now. But it prevents me from doing things because I'm scared I will feel off balanced while I'm out. The doctors tell me its because my chronic sinusitis is blocking the tube to get the fluid out from around my vestibular nerve, but I have a very hard time believing that due to how long I've had this. Some triggers I've noticed are going in stores, being in open spaces like malls, walking long distances, focusing on things like reading/playing piano, sitting certain ways, and looking at things far away. But sometimes I get these feelings without those triggers. When I get these symptoms they last for a week or two. They get worse when I get anxious. Could it be a vestibular issue? When I yawn I feel pressure or something in my ear, so it makes me think it may be an inner ear issue. But my mind has convinced me that I have something terrible and that I'm dying. I'm going back to my doctor again tomorrow. I just want this to go away. It has come and went for 2 years now and I'm losing hope. I just want to feel okay again.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It sounds like occipital neuralgia. Look it up and see if that's a fit. There are groups on facebook

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.