Disgnosed with non specific anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Went to my first therapy session this week and the therapist diagnosed me with non specific anxiety. Anyone else have this? Not really sure what it means. I find I have good days where I feel normal then I have days where I'm anxious and I feel every symptom mostly aches and pains and upset tummy and guts. I get emotional when I feel these symptoms too. Just looking for some insight, I am on anti anxiety meds today is day 12.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Maybe that its generalized anxiety disorder? Not tied to anything specific..no known reason behind it. 
  • Posted

Google it

Anxiety is anxiety at the end of the day

You dont have to put a babel on everything

Medication takes up to 6 weeks to settle in properly

Lil

• Posted

"You dont have to out a label in everything" --beautifully said! 
    • Posted

Sorry abt the typos there
    • Posted

Sorry if it sounded rude

I just feel that whatever type of anxiety you have it still makes lots of people miserable

Lil

• Posted

Not rude that one line was very true to fact. I meant that it was honestly beautifully said.
    • Posted

Thanks, i agree not everything needs a label, i kinda took it as being general but seeing as soo  many seem to have something specific, to be honest i get anxious from almost everything lately, dealing with my BF kids and his ex, my health, every pain or ache i feel i think it something seriously wrong and i rush to the hospital, i scared to be home alone incase something happens to me.  mornings is when i'm most anxious, i've been managing to sleep thorugh the night with not much problem just wake up and then get anxious.  Lots of changes at work too are adding to stress, and not to forget i had a miscarriage in november.  My bf has always noticed that i stress easily, i myself never really noticed, until recently when i developed symptoms of weakness, shaky, emotional, over reacting.  Did have times with tight chest and racing heart as well.
    • Posted

Your not over reacting anxiety and panic are scary.

I get all the symptoms you get and anxiety loves stress

The tight chest the stomach problem I had them all tested at the hospital because I was sure I was dying but everything was clear and its anxiety

Take care

Lil

Lil

• Posted

I always felt anxiety has a wide range if symptons - so many different types , i don't get sickness , but i do get the shakes , panic on meeting people in the professional sense ( Mental Health Centre people , a new doctor at my surgery , ambulance , hospital, etc  ) , i get shakes when unknown caller rings  , sometimes meeting other people . Finally my psychiatrist is realising that i do have serious anxiety - be interesting to see if a label / name is given to my type , others who have more experience will be able to help you , sorry i cannot , but please take care and know you are not alone  xx
  • Posted

Hi Ashley. Gad, generalised anxiety disorder. Same as me. In simple terms.... Anything and everything worries you and you can't settle. You feel fear for no apparent reason?! Physical symptoms make your whole body feel uncomfortable and you don't know how to stop it. It's a process your body goes through, fight or flight because you're sensong false danger, you're body is getting ready to escape you see. What I can't answer.., is why are we sensing danger when there is none?? Hmmm, it's hard to understand. I'm right there too mate! I can assure you!
    • Posted

Your fight or flight mechanism has malfunctioned so your brain thinks your in danger when your not

Lil

• Posted

Hi Ashley

It just means that you haven't got ONE thing that makes you overly anxious (for example, spiders, geography teachers)

However, lots of things do make you anxious. So the anxiety is non-specific. That doesn't make it any easier to cope with.

What meds are you on?     love Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.