disheartened

Posted , 3 users are following.

been to hospital today she asked how i was going when i told her my symptoms she just kept saying it's not off your kidneys like tiredness cramps shortness of breath don't know why i bother going

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Can you not see a different Dr, I know you have mentioned your experiences before? Tiredness is to do with your kidneys, not that I am a dr but I have been in your position and that is what I have always been told - I trust my team they have looked after me for many years, breathlessness could be down to low iron or HB levels again which is very much to do with the kidneys, leg cramps can be down to potassium issues and of course side effects of any meds.  I don't know where some of these drs qualify, my Mum went to her gp the other day with somethiing un related and he told her that he didn't know much about her problem and suggested she go home and google it! he actually told her to do it.  I am in the wrong job I tell you.  Its is not funny, you attend such appointments for information, results and reassurance.  Did you not have blood tests before your appointment so they could be discussed.  I go wed to see consultant, I will go tues for bloods so we have something to discuss and then TOGETHER me all make a plan, I am not saying I always get my way cos I don't but I am included in discussions and my point of view listened to at the very least.  Bad enough going through what you are, you need to feel comfortable with your care givers and trust them to be helping you.  Please ask if there is another neph that you can see at least ask.  Next time you go, write a load of questions down and record her answers then complain if you have to documents what you asked and what you were told.  Is there anything other than the above that you are worried about perhaps we could all chip in on here and that would help you a bit.  Nothing replaces medical advice but you sound so lost.

• Posted

she just said bloods are ok get my bloods done same day as my appointment we don't discuss anything my gp says she talks a good job

• Posted

Suggestion - talk to your GP. ask to have bloods done at your surgery - book the appointment for no more than 7 days before you see the Neph. collect the results from your GP and take a copy of them to your appointment.

When I see my Nephr. I ask what bloods will be wanted for next time - take it to GP reception for them to make out the form (otherwise it get lost in the system) before the phlebiotomist takes the blood.  I then have time to look us the meaning of the results on-line which means I can ask questions about them and have a good chance of understanding the answers.  

If the Nephr. does not answer the questions about symptoms as I need them, I ask the GP, who gets quite annoyed that I have been left in the dark and really does try to help.  Try it. Don't take NO for an answer.  . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.