Dislocated shoulder c5-c6 bulge

Posted , 3 users are following.

Over a year ago I dislocated my shoulder just had mri and nerves tested shows c5-c6 bulging root damage. Says. Nothing can do only time will help about another year I've just had worst year of my life can't sleep even with sleeping pills pains neck shoulder arm and armpit but now now starting to feel pains in other arm and armpit is it possible the injury can spread or is something else entirely please somebody help information

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That is second opinion I had to pay for MRI myself work injury I think orthopaedic thought I was at cause knew I had lawyer involved laughed at me and said why do you need mri I said cause I'm in pain and told I need one

• Posted

I had rotater cuff repair, torn bicep, Bone spur, sugery 4 months ago.  About a month ago my left arm, non surgery arm started hurting quite a bit  also my wrist.   I felt the same as you, is it spreading?   Turns  out since I was overusing  the left arm, I developed a calcium deposit and my wrist was also over used and acted up from a break I had many years ago.   Your other pain cou,d be from  over use.  Have you ever tried a cortisone injection?    That helped me.
    • Posted

Got one in the shoulder I dislocated but never helped just can't sleep with it

• Posted

I feel so sorry for you I have had an attempted rotator cuff repair but it was too ragged I had a tidy up Debrinement a bursectomy and shaved a bit of bone to make more space for the cuff.  Total failure I am in so much pain now This was 6 months ago  I am having to try and sleep sitting up  I cant lie on either side or on my back  I had some Cortisone  put in last week for the 2nd time  The swelling has gone down and I would say the arm and shoulder at rest is a bit better.  My appt for the Consultant has been brought forward to next Wednesday  and I have no idea what is going to happen  He did speak about a patch but said it could fail  I got some tramadol from the GP last Friday but I only take it at night in the hope I get some improved sleep  Have been getting about 2 and a half hours in two lots so about an hour 15 mins twice That has been the case for over 3 weeks now.  Not to have any physio meantime   Worried about what is going to happen  Just know I can't carry on as things are  I hope you find some help soon  I did ask if the tear could have extended but I didn't get an answer to that   

• Posted

Your better not taking tramadol gave me really sore heads then for about 10daysafter ask doctors to give you some. Amitryplin it helps a bit. Sometimes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.