Dislocation of Talo Navicular and Sub Talar

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey everyone

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of injury, I did it in April 2014. 4 years on and I am still in so much pain which can limit what I can do each day.

I was giving pins and wore a cast for about 12 weeks, once the cast came off it was the usual stiffness and I had to start to try and build up my calf muscle again.

I've been told by doctors that this is the worse kind of injury and there is no coming back from it and that I would need a joint fusion. I'm kind of clutching at straws that I may be able to kick a ball again and its get me down so bad!

X-rays show that the Sub Talar has healed fairly well ( which is a suprise as its the slowest recovering joint in the body the doctor told me) however my Talo Navicular joint hasn't healed as well and is now riddled with arthritis.

I struggle to go on tip toes, changing gear, steep stairs and to be honest I am fed up but I don't want the operation so i'm looking to see if anyone else has had this injury and what methods they took.

Thanks for reading

Brad

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.