dislodged implant?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is it possible to dislodge a disc replacement implant? I'm 12 days post-op ADF c5/c6. I have a painless lump right under my scar which just doesn't feel 'right'. I also have throbbing pain between my shoulderblades. Any insight? Waiting to hear back from the consultant and/or the hospital.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi minx,

your neck has been the 'topic' of the day!! lol, me and gail :boing: think its brill, you can't even see the scar if you didn't know it was there, we've been talking in past months about how we gonna look like frankenstien :lol: or about wearing scarves etc, i was saying cos i got whopping great scars on my wrist and i'll have one on my neck i'll have peps talking bout me!!! ekkk!!! but looks like no one will see my neck one....great i say :cheers: and its o much smaller than i imagined too!! i am amazed!!! thanx so much for coming on and showing us, thats why its so good that peps have their ops and come back on here to let us know how they doing, i am having the same done a replacement and fusion, but the ns said i do have some complete nerve damage so i will still have probs with my left arm, i don't care, i have MS, OA, DDD and a disc bulge at L4/5 so i don't think i will ever be completely pain free so if he can help with the majority of the real bad pain then i'll be happy :mrgreen: and its so nice to hear success stories , so thanx again for coming on and shareing with us :hug:

you've certainly put mine and gails minds at ease, i think we're even looking forward to it again :weird:

take care,

:rose:mandy:rose:

• Posted

LOL I live to serve wink
  • Posted

hi minx, :lol:

* 8) * (bow) ''oh for i am not worthy'' lol,how are you today?

was you ears burning last night :?: i showed the kids you photo, i told my cousin, my ex and my mate how well you've done!! lol, i hope i don't have to postpone it again, cos i want it even more now :wah:

take care,

:rose:mandy:rose:

• Posted

hi minx

thanks for your imput it does help enormously, just noticed that you didnt have a implant put in with fusion?? did the doc say why i thought it was standered to do the implant with fusion, left me wondering now as the leaflet i had(gave to me when i started asking questions and was told oh its all in this leaflet)said that they put an implant and then plates and screws so that the area can fuse. just wondering maybe different surgeons different ways. thanks again any imput at this stage i find interesting.gail

• Posted

I [b:1cfae0bb20]did[/b:1cfae0bb20] have an implant and the surgeon described it as a 'spacer'. I didn't have any plates/screws fitted though smile I think the spacer is some sort of rubbery plastic thing with a hole in it, like an oversized polo perhaps, and he put the bone friendly stuff in the hole in the middle smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.