Dismissal due to I'll health because of tkr not right

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi had a meeting on monday at work im getting dismissed due to ill health all because my tkr is not right any help out there. Im doing physio then see my consultant to see what he is going to do ligaments tendons not attached to tkr

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi there x you should fall under the disabilty and equality act so they not allowed to dismiss you really x are you in a union

• Posted

How do they know that?? MRI, CT scan, ??? Im very sorry...... I too have residual issues with my TKR of almost 2 years...

• Posted

It was a ultra scan i had in August he also said a few other issues with tkr. Are they going to sort your tkr out. Im doing physio to help with my moblity but consultant said he does not think it will help will see the consultant end November eging of dec. I just want it sorted

• Posted

Hi Anna,This has happened to me and I havnt had my surgery yet, if you are in UK your employer must refer you to occupational health and Dr you see ther will assess your fitness with relation to your work and recommend changes your employer should make to enable you to go back to work, if he says you are not fit to do your job your employer has to be able to make changes or offer you a position where you are able to work.If none of these things work out you can be dismissed due to your health BUT you are entitled to a weeks pay for each year you have worked there up to a max of 12 years plus holiday pay encrued for this year .I had been in my job 23 years so I got 12 weeks + 1 year holiday pay but normal deductions apply.There is a govt agency which will advise you and step in if your employer doesnt comply with the law but I cant remember what it's called just now but I will send it to you if I find it citizens advice will help you too .but if you are not in UK none of this will apply hope this helps good luck.

• Posted

Hi heather thank you i live in th uk. Been to occupational health he said im not fit for work yet. The union rep said all i will get is 3mths pay for the years i have been there. Waiting on a letter coming to see the head of the school n goveners see what they say. It would be healthful if u cpuld give me the details. Ve got the number for citens advice. Tha nk you heather and all of ypu who has give me advice.

• Posted

Hi Anna you should be able to find a tel no for Labour relations in your area on line but try this no

0330 055 5300 its a Labour Relations Helpline so it may work for your area too.Yes 3 months pay 12 weeks thats what i got its an entitlement by that i mean law its really a payment to end your work contract.Were occupational health able to give you any idea of when you would be fit for work or what needed to happen to get you to that stage ,employer has to take that into consideration too.I was happy to get to that stage as i have had fibromyalgia for 15 years and struggled to work through it all but when knee pain was thrown into the mix i had no reserves left to fight it,i did carry on for 6 months then my doctor persuaded me to take a month off,then another i did then consider going back buf my family had seen such a change in me no one wanted me to go back ,it was6 months before my boss got me appointment with occupational health and at this stage i knew nothing about this 12 weeks severance payment,the dentist i actually worked with told me to look into it,her husband runs his own business so he probably told her.If i hadnt found out about it my boss probably would have just pushed me to resign then she wouldnt have had to pay up.I was a registered dental nurse sounds like you are a teacher is it possible for you to see an independant occupational rather than education authority one or vice versa.I have a sister who was a teacher now retired and she always thought that the docs who did occ health for schools only did and said what they were told to and each condition was written in black and white.Hope you understand all this.If you do end up losing you job because of your health there are other ways to get some income ie Pip and Esa citizens advice can give you more info on that and help you fill out the application forms for this ,they know exactly how to word them,i know i would never have been approved if i had done it myself as i would have left so many detailsout

• Posted

Thank you heather im not a teacher im a catering assistant. True about occupational health. Will see my consultant tomorrow. Ive had half knee replacement on my right leg 209 and a full knee replacement on my left knee. Work are going to dismissed me on ill health because of my attendance going back 209 and 211 when i had keyhole surgery on my left knee had to get physio accupptor gym at physio hospital are emailing my dr with hospital record and send me them out. As for the union a waste of space they are still getting physio not helping much. Just hoping i get some answers with the consultant tomorrow.xx

• Posted

hi anna - sadly im in the same position with my employers who are a gp surgery ( the caring profession!!)

i too have had a left knee replacement and prior to that 5 other operations to my left knee and 1 to the right . i now have metal work in both legs. i am listed for spinal fusion surgery once my knee has recovered enough to cope. my L2/3 disc is bone on bone and L2/3 discs protrouding and L5 nerve being impinged. i was off prior this year with 2

episodes of bereavement and this week my husband has brain surgery to remove a tumour ; This has all had a massive effect on my depression & mental health which i have suffered with.

within 3 weeks of hospital discharge i had to indergo a welfare meeting with employers,

2 weeks after that an email asking how much longer i would be off. how long is a piece of string?

i can see things from their point of view but all they have done is prolong any improvement for me.

i am seriously at the end of my coping skills.

i hope things go well for you, its not an easy road to travel . good luck . You are not alone

• Posted

Thank you claire so very true your words im getting dismissed due to ill health on my attendance nothing said about my health which i think is wrong. Im off work because im in pain from tkr as ligaments tendons have not attached to tkr. Tkr has not took will see my consultant tomorrow as i rang them from beging of October so last week i rang pals who got me appointment for 3\12 19 also getting a email send to my gp with records and sending them out to me as well hopefully i get some answers tomorrow hopefully all goes well for you. And your husband is on the mend my attendance is when i had my operation s x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.