Dismissive ENT

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have both eczema (my whole life) and allergic rhinitis (for around 8 yrs) and nasal polyps and slightly deviated septum. 

It’s quite bothersome to have all these issues (runny nose , facial pain , tears, thick mucus at the back of the throat) 

But there is another symptom that has been the worst.

I have this constant cycle of feeling like my ears are full of fluid , and then it will drain and feel dry , and then the feeling of fluid moving would come back..etc until it made me go mad.

I keep telling my doctor about this issue and he did a test (I forgot it’s name) that showed some missing reflexes in my right ear . He then ordered a hearing test that showed my hearing is slightly lower (within normal) in my right ear.

So he dismissed the whole thing.

I saw him today and raised the same issue because it’s been bothering me more lately . He checked my ears and said they’re VERY dry and that I scraped all the wax of off them ! I told him I see water come out of my ear , he said sarcastically that my ears are dry as a dessert! And then he proceeded to tell my how I’m imaging things that aren’t there and that I have no problem with my ears and I should stop complaining!!!

I’m really mad and feel lost ! Because I see the fluid in the tissue and I even showed my mom that was with me at the appointment.

Anyway , I just needed to rant because I really feel crazy.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi.

do you test chamomile ???

• Posted

Sounds like we have the same ENT. I'd try a general practitioner or allergist and see what they think.

Idk about seeing fluid come out your ears, but if it tickles inside it could be inflamed eustachian tubes from rhinitis. That seems to be my issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.