Disorientated

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I have suffered anxiety for years on and off. I am currently receiving CBT for health anxiety but things just seem to be getting worse. Today in a meeting my head was all fuzzy, my hands felt numb and I was afraid to swallow as that felt like everything was stopping and I could pass out.

Sometimes I wonder is it all worth it, my whole life just seems like one big worry. Anybody else get these symptoms.

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes,unfortunately most of the time,especially as I am alone all the time and live in fear of passing out (never have!)with no one near.always scared of being taken to hospital and that no one will know.

• Posted

Yes! I was fine yesterday for the first time in weeks and felt fine today so went to do my food shop and suddenly found myself disorientated and panicking....I'm fed up as if there was a warning I could prepare and possibly be comfortable at home but there's not and no pattern it's just bang....it's not pleasant when in a room full off people...I'm currently attending relaxation & mindfulness classes which do take the edge off but I was unable to function the rest if the today 😞 IT SUCKS
    • Posted

I also have been suffering with health anxiety for years.  The only advice I can give is to go to your GP and get a full check up and rule out any physical ailments, such as Thyroid, diabetes, high blood pressure. After a clean bill of health, it is easier to talk your self thru a panic attack with breathing and self talk.  Try to exercise at least 30 min 3 to 4 times a weak that is what helped me.  You will naturally start fot feel more in control.  Good Luck

• Posted

Hi Raymond,

I also suffer with health anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder.

My first major attack of health anxiety was in 2012. I also developed panic attacks at this time. 

I just wanted to tell you that what you're experiencing is normal and you're not alone. 

I get a lot of horrible symptoms too but I'm learning to moreorless ignore them. 

Panic works in clever ways but I believe we only have to out smart it. 

I'm interested to know more of your story. Specifically what CBT techniques are you trying? 

I'm also currently suffering from health anxiety. It's my second go at it since 2012. 

Ruby

• Posted

Hi! I spend my days thinking why i feel this way but there seems not to be an answer . All i want to do is visiting doctors. And make sure i will not drop dead at any minute. A small symptom like a dizziness or blurry vision or numbing or hart palpation or if my speech feels off i panic . I try not to go to doc i try not to think to much i am better then before but still my life is a big confusion . Im sorry i cant be a big help but know that you are not alone. Good luck smile
  • Posted

Thanks All, for the replies it is much appreciated. BTW another symptom I have is I never sleep through the night.

I did see my doctor last week for a follow up on more blood tests ( again ) all seemed normal except cholesterol which is now coming down with meds and BP meds small dose. I seem to be going there too often, he said he doesn't have to see me for six months unless I have symptoms I want checking.

With the CBT I have to stop scanning my body for problems , stop googling symptoms and I'm also reading a book 'overcoming health anxiety. ' the book is good but I am still in the throws of anxiety, in fact it has got to me so much I am going to retire early from quite a good career because I'm afraid of pegging it before I get the chance to retire. I just want to feel normal, thanks.

• Posted

Dear Raymond.

I too have suffered from GAD and health anxitieties for many years.

It comes and goes, however, this past few months, once again, out of control.

This has been  hard time and the older I get the worse I am becoming as I am more likely to face health problems.

I have just retired from a very stressful job and started something different and i too am so scared of pegging out before I get the chance to do more things that I want to do.

I moved in with my mother 9 years a go to be her carer as she had dementia but she passed away last January.

I am seeking out support from all over at the moment.

I wish, with all my heart, that I could stop worrying and being so scared about illness and death. It is on my mind all day and has been on my mind all night until recently when at least i am getting some sleep. I am absolutely petrified.

• Posted

Hi Raymond,

Those techniques sound good. I've been taught the same ones. Have you been taught thought defusion techniques? 

Ruby

• Posted

Also look into "unhelpful thinking styles/patterns" and "mindfulness" activities.

Ruby

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.