DISTENDED ABDOMEN

Posted , 2 users are following.

at end of dec/beginnning of  january my abdomen became more distendedI told  my GP who did not acknowledge it and slammed the phone down on me.he then wrote in my notes "C/o fat abdomen" and "fixated with abdomen"neither of which were true,He was also abusive to me  .He got away with his abuse and unprofessional behaviour and i am theone that has suffered by being made to goto another surgery.,

i hate  thsi surgery and the doctors,they have made no attempt to get to know me and are treating me lik s**t.

I was at A&E on the 25thJune who did nothing for my distended abdomen and choking,I went back to a  gp who did nothing as had no letter from the hospital,.I saw a gp two days ;later as an emergency who only felt my abdomen and said "its gastritis".how does he know without an endoscopy.?

this gP then became abusive and violent.and was not in a postion to change players.

I cant cope with this neglect and assumptions and allegations.#

I ahve to go-my toes on my left foot are like ice.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes doctors can diagnose you based on your symptoms alone without the need for tests.  Doctors only do tests when they cannot find the cause.  Definitely see someone different and push for an ultrasound of your stomach and a pelvic ultrasound to see if you have cysts which may be causing the distension. Maybe try a food diary to see if any foods are causing bloating.
    • Posted

Hi pippa

I keep saying to them its not all about bloods and scans but my symptoms as symptoms are why tests are done in the first place.

since 2012 I have told them that any weight gain is abdominal and not diet related but they would never accept that and insisted it was IBS without ever having symptoms and confirmed by two consultants it wasnt.I also told them back then I had no appetite-hadnt eaten cakes biscuits snacks or puddings since 2007 and struggled to eat anything more than a small meal in the evening.

GP's still assume IBS or bloating which its not but  a solid mass.Everything I  have told them I have htey deny it saying my abdomen is soft and palatable when it most definitely is not and they all think they know my body better than me.If i say I have a lump or swelling etc everything is "you only think you have" or "I cant feel anything".

My only option is to go back to A&E-as Gp's refused to acknowledge

pain and distension-choking,my only problem is my dogs-cant leave them.

this evening -have painful cold foot and bony protrusion on other foot.feeling cold -upper body-abdominal pressure and bone deformities

throat sore and husky-food getting stuck

Anything I do eat is very minimal-maybe an individual pie and a few chips -struggled to eat today -fish and potato  chips-dogs finished what I could not eat.tend to have the same stuff each week

• Posted

I would try a food diary to see if you have any intolerances,  Maybe try avoiding gluten to see if your bloating improves. Try eating little but often.  Some of your symptoms do sound like IBS.  Avoid potato and processed food for a while; they can be IBS triigers.
    • Posted

HI pippa

Thanks for advice-but I do NOT have IBS-never have -never had symptoms.confirmed by consultants I dont.

It is NOT bloating -as confirmed by my gastroenterologist.it is a solid sore lumpy mass-and the sole reason for all my weight gain-more so since last increase in january.I have gone from a normal 28" waist to 43" .in january  ballooned up to 46" overnight.not gained weight anywhere else-.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.