Distended and painful abdomen along with other symptoms??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, so all this trouble started last Thursday night. I got home from work and had abdomenial pains, a sore feeling like I had eaten too much. I tried to shake this off and went to bed. I then awoke at 2am and was sick twice. My stomach was in pain and my whole body was sore-like my muscles and I felt weak. A bad migraine also occurred. Since Thursday I have slowly been getting better, but I am still worried of my symptoms. I have been very gassy and had bad diaoreha  hourly (sorry tmi) My abdomen feels swollen and is distended, when I awoke this morning it felt hard to touch but now that is gone. I have not been sick since Thursday but have been feeling very nauseas. I have been eating very little for the past few days as after a few bites of something I feel very full. On Saturday after urinating I wiped and there was blood. This has happened a few times since but has been brown in colour instead of red. My fever and chills have went away and most of my stomach pains (although after sitting down I’ll stand up and my abdomen will hurt again briefly) but my migraine is still constant and has been since Thursday. My first thought was I was pregnant, but after taking three negative tests and assuring myself that I haven’t had unprotected sex (I am on the implant and have been for almost two years) I don’t know what’s wrong with me!? What could this be? I am still not feeling much better- my headache is present I have a cough and I feel very exhausted along with brief stomach pains. Can anyone help/ have any information or can give me advice?? Thank you very much!! 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi chloe 2000

You may have a urinary or kidney infection if you are presenting with bleeding after urination...Go see your doc and take along a urine sample for your doc to dip and test in the surgery..if there is no infection ask your doc if you can be referred to a Urologist or a Gynaecologist as you may have problems with your uterus or ovaries. When did you have the implant? ...you may be presenting with side effects from the implant....

• Posted

Hi Lilian, I was thinking maybe a uti but I was only checked for one and a kidney infection a few months ago and I have been worried for a while of my uterus and ovaries so may have to go have them looked at. I got the implant Feb 2016 x
  • Posted

Im having the same minus the diaherra and swollen abdomen the bleeding worries me i alqays have dark red bleeding since i got the nexplanon but it seems like somwthing is wrong..
    • Posted

Hi Erika! How long have you had the nexplanon for?? I remember for the first year of having it I hated it, for the first few months I constantly thought I was pregnant with bloating and sickness and I bled for three months straight after getting it!! Now after a year and a half of having it I no longer get periods which is why the bleeding worries me, possibly just a breakthrough period I’m having? I’m not sure, maybe you should go to the doctors if it seems like something is wrong, I’m feeling the same so will be returning. I hope all is well x 
    • Posted

For 2 years as well! But the first year was amazing. Sure i was moody as heck but i got no periods or pains or bloating at all. I still get pain at the injection site where it was placed. I looked on nexplanon website saod 1 out of 10 women get unfavorable menstrual cylce changes so maybe thats occuring to you. But some ladies usually change their birth control because sometimes it stops functioning. Because i can vaguely remember spotting the beginning of this 2nd year but it wasnt concerning cuz it was on the website that its a side effect. I do have an ovarian cyst on my right ovary its 2 cm has not grown or reduced in size for 2 months but i have experienced pain and bleeding more than usual(like 2 periods in a month) so my obgyn is going to take me off the nexplanon and put me on birth control wait till the end of nov. To see if the cyst has dissappeared because it takes about 1 to 3 months to dissappear and if it doesnt im going to have it surgically removed im so afraid its cancer but they usually say functional cyst are 90 percent benign. So im hoping thats my case. Because im afraid. sad.
  • Posted

Hi chloe 2000

Its not the side effects of the implant then. You may have a stomach virus but would need a blood to check for this..Also, you mention you are feeling very tired perhaps you need your iron and B12 checked also Vit D which if low can cause digestion problems. Make an appt with your doc and ask her/him to order stomach virus test vitamin B12 and Vit D test and also the CA 125 blood test to see if ovarian cancer is likely to put your mind at rest...my best wishes.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.