Distraught and nowhere to turn

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 26 year old male, with Scheuermanns disease which causes me great pain. I have been having trouble breathing for over a year, and feeling weak and fatigued, especially after any exertion at all. Lung exams, EKG, and heart ultrasound have come back excellent. About five months ago I noticed an odd feeling in my right calf, which I can only describe as a spasm feeling that feels tight from my calf to the achilles. It has caused me difficulty with walking. I have been having trouble with my right hand. I am still able to move it but it feels weak and I have trouble picking things up, holding on to things. It is difficult to describe. It is almost like it doesn't want to do what I want it to. There is no numbness but every so often there is a very slight tingling in the little finger side. Also I have been twitching all over my body for the past few weeks. My neck hurts constantly and there is a pressure/pain where my skull meets my spine. Also have had trouble speaking for the past three years, stepping over my words, trouble pronouncing certain syllables. I have had extensive bloodwork and MRI of brain and spine, all of which came back normal. I have been so distraught and scared for so long and it seems there is no help or answers anywhere. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi Zach. Sorry to hear of your health issues. Has anyone suggested fibromyalgia to you? Try having a look at the symptoms on Google and see what you think. A lot of your symptoms (if not all) are those associated with Fibro.

• Edited

Yes, I agree with possible fibro. Need to look at the whole picture. Any update on this? Really feel for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.