Distressed

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I am 51 and have been experiencing night sweats and breast pain for 6 years. Did not bother me too much. Periods have been on and off and now stopped.  However, recently I have been experiencing horrible symptoms of sickness, dizziness, shaking all at the same time and also bladder problems and a recent UTI.  I have googled symptoms and have had bloods taken; results Thursday, and all my symptoms seem to be menopause related.  Oh and tingling hands at night.  Anyone experienced this especially the sickness, dizziness episodes  Much appreciated as this is driving me crazy and really affecting my quality of life.XXX

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have dizziness and tingling in my fingertips.. I got my blood results I am peri menopause and vitamin b12 deficiency. I'm 43.. its miserable
    • Posted

Hi, Thank you. Yes it is so miserable.  I did wonder about B12 due  to the tingling but it seems to be a symptom menopause too.  Bloods back Thursday; I just want to know what it is for sure.  Are you getting treatment?
    • Posted

I'm getting vitamin b12 injections. I'm miserable.. don't know what to do because I'm lightheaded so much..
  • Posted

Margaret I get the nausea,light hardiness and frequent uti's and yes all due to bloody menopause.
    • Posted

Thank you so much.  I am already starting to feel a bit better having spoken to you two ladies! How do you cope do you take anything if you don't mind me asking.  I am thinking of asking for HRT because I just can't cope.  I get a lot of injuries at the gym too which I believe could be linked and the gym is something I enjoy immensley......OMG this is just awfulalthough I am getting a bit of a break these days but I am sure it will come back...dread!!!!
  • Posted

hi margaret

yes i certainly have had all of this in my ten year natural peri .. still do on occassion 

the feelings of sickness were at the end of my  peri and always was a signal to me that a period was coming, for final three were the worst ever.

( feelings of nausia and headaches that lasted 4 days and nights) 

i am post meno now, afraid we are more prone to uti's etc at this time .. 

have you gone 12 months no periods ( post menopause ) 

always good if you can to have a well women check with a Gyno 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jya...yes I think it is around 12 months sincelast period and this is the second time my period has stopped!!!  I had all the ymptoms for about 4 weeks on and off...had a weeks break now but feel bladder problem a bit tonight.  Yes I think I need to see a Gyno tooif the bloods show this is happening.  Thanks you for your reply it does make me feel better to talk.X
    • Posted

hi margaret

after my 12 months no periods ( post meno) i got a few problems, UTI

( feelings of but sometimes wasnt ) thrush feelings, soreness, etc

also every six weeks like a weird pattern of PMT which wasnt a period, 

shock for me was I went for full well women check, smear, colopscopy, camera to see ovaries etc, Gyno said ovaries were post meno, non functioning and no follicles and a 3D breast scan.. all was fine..

then my smear result revealed BV .. he already noticed dryness..

well i had no idea i had BV ( well mine was CV) i had no odour, just a weird discomfort, and like a UTI and soreness, so had to get that treated 

that mimics UTI etc and weird feelings inside, BV, its too much flora in the vagina , i take acidophilus probiotic now, twice daily, i had two lots of treament for it, vaginal antibiotics followed by thrush treatment as the antibiotics then cause thrush as all the good bacteria is killed too 😳

now i check vaginal PH levels if i feel odd, check all okay, with a eco care vaginal PH tester stick, if its high then somethings wrong ..

so its good you get checked ..

jay x

• Posted

Vaginitis is an inflammation of the vagina that can result in discharge, itching and pain.

The cause is usually a change in the normal balance of vaginal bacteria or an infection.

Vaginitis conditions can also result from reduced estrogen levels after menopause.

The most common types of vaginitis are:

Bacterial vaginosis, which results from overgrowth of one of several organisms normally present in your vagina -  High vaginal PH 

Yeast infections, which are usually caused by a naturally occurring fungus called Candida albicans

Vaginal atrophy (atrophic vaginitis), which results from reduced estrogen levels after menopause

• Posted

Hi margaret 

BV is Bacterial Vaginosis 

CV is Cytolytic Vaginosis

can sometimes be a nuisance in menopause due to high vaginal ph levels 

Bacterial vaginosis is a mild infection of the vagina caused by bacteria. Normally, there are a lot of "good" bacteria and some "bad" bacteria in the vagina.

The good types help control the growth of the bad types.

In women with bacterial vaginosis, the balance is upset.

There are not enough good bacteria and too many bad bacteria.

Bacterial vaginosis is usually a mild problem that may go away on its own in a few days. But it can lead to more serious problems. So it's a good idea to see your doctor and get treatment.

• Posted

I will not have hrt a friend who is older than me warned me off it as when you come off it you then go through menopause
    • Posted

hi sprohop

its true, HRT postpones menopause, you have to have peri all over again when its stopped ..

i had a natural peri ( ten year) long old road but fot there, just wanted it over naturally, still get blip days though.

i am 17 months post menopause ( age 50) lots of B6 and I too have B12 injections 

and lots of other supplements, 

the only HRT related help i use if the estriol ( weakest oestrogen) ovestin vaginal ovules for the dryness, as suggested by my Gyno and i only use one a week ( half twice weekly) i wont use any more than that.. but it does help alot .

( vaginal dryness post menopause is also miserable ) hence the ovules.

jay x

• Posted

Hi Margaret. Alot of the dizziness and shakiness may be due to anxiety which seems to get worse during the menopause. I have suffered from anxiety for years and the menopause has made lots of the old symptoms come back. They are distressing but I use 3 things to help cope. First I use distraction. Try and do other things to stop the thinking process. Then I challenge and rationalise. Why am I feeling rubbish, well my hormones are running riot and i'm worrying and it gets to be a vicious circle. The last thing is acceptance. Hard I know but accepting that things will be rubbish for a while does help with the worry. Hope this helps

• Posted

Hi there, yes I think you are right. I have had knots in my stomoch and can be quite anxious anyway.  I was feeling a little off yesterday and just kept busy and today I feel a bit better.  If I am distracted I tend to forget about it for a while.  The orst thing is getting into the thinking that this will never end and life asI know it is over......very distructive.  I also think talking on here and talking to friends helps too as long as it is kept positive and helpful; by me I mean!!!  Thank you very much.X
    • Posted

Hi Margaret 

be kind to yourself, take each day as it comes and try the best, on a good day do more and a not so good day, listen to your body..

its nature 😥 we all have to face it ... 😪

Your not alone, from my own experience, stay positive, keep occupied,  just think oh its a menopause day, share the way you feel with those around if you can, helps them support and understand whats happening, and how your  feeling. 

jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.