Diuretics and antihypertensive overdose

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I'm a 27-year-old female. I took 10 mg bumetanide with 600 mg of accupril yesterday. I had terrible nausea and some dizziness. I neither threw up nor fainted. My question is: are there any long term effects of taking these two medications in such high doses?

P.S. These medications were not prescribed to me and I don't have hypertension.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did you take these medicines by mistake? . At your age, one should not need even an aspirin what to talk other medicines. Even the Vits are avoided at your age. Generally the side effects of the medicines go away with passage of time. In case you took them just for a day, there is no need to worry.
    • Posted

I took them on purpose. Glad to know that there aren't any long term side effects.

Thanks for your reply!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.