Dived first time in my life. Five days later, flew the plane. One month later, SP occured.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Looking for answer for the cause of my SP. You think dive-fly within one week could result to sudden collapsed of lung? I'm 50, used to be active person, healthy, non-smoker, small body frame. History of bronchitis in the past and cough that lasts for over a month. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

No I'm afraid not. More chance damage from the bronchitis caused it. I dive from both boat and plane. Our lungs are just bags. I was pushed one day into any possible reasons. Best I could think of was basically like a balloon you cam twist, squeeze shape it but one will always pop doing the same dog Ballon 1000 times. Our lungs are the same they take alot of beating for just two bags pretty much. Hindsight there is no answers we just don't know why just know how.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.